Sunday, January 6, 2013

Thoughts on playing Evols

I decided after a failed attempt at tins that I would try and make an Evol deck. They're really cheap, they look cool, and the extra deck cards are easy to find and trade for. So I made one, messed with it, fussed with it, and made it on YGOpro.

I love the damn thing.

I'm still learning the plays and getting used to how the deck runs, and what cards do what, but I had a ton of fun with it, and I'm definetly gonna make it in real life once I get all the cards in my possesion, which won't be hard at all. Almost all the cards are either commons or rares.

Even the Xyz monsters wont be hard to get. I'm making a Solda build, primarily, because Solda is just a cool looking motherfucker.

Look how sexy he is.

Also primarily because he pretty much does Laggia's job for him and then some. He stops inherent special summons and cant be blown up by card effects when he has material, which means he stops Torrentials, Dark Hole, Mirror Forces, Bottomless, Ryko, Snowman, and a bunch of other shit. I love him. 10/10.

But they deck is really cool. I've always been a control player and I love how the deck offers that level of control.

As for the downsides to the deck, there are a lot of them. If you draw a hand of nothing but Eliases and Darwinos then you better hope you draw Evo-Diversity or draw into a Najasho because if you don't you're gonna get spanked, and hard. The other downside is that if you don't draw into your good evoltiles or evolsaurs first few turns you're going to get your ass handed to you. It's a rare occasion, but it will happen where you're draw absolute garbage. The deck does that more often then I'd like it to, but that's also why were running Dualitys in the deck.

I'll post a deck list once I feel like I have one perfected, or at least to my liking. It's not gonna replace madolche, but I really do like it.

More to come later.



No comments:

Post a Comment